Terms and conditions
Caribbean Handyman Challenge 2021
1. Caribbean Handyman Challenge competition is conducted by KOOYMAN BV
2. Participants must be at least 18 years old. Employees of Kooyman BV and partners are not eligible.
3. Caribbean Handyman Challenge competition consists of four rounds:
A. Round 1: Via the campaign website www. caribbeanhandymanchallenge.com people can register to participate in the Caribbean Handyman Challenge competition from April 26, 2021 09:00 AM to May 9 2021, 11:59 pm. On all days between April 26 and May 9, it is also possible to register at all KOOYMAN BV branches.
B. Round 2: Immediately after registration, the participant will receive an invitation to come to the shop to pick up a do-it- yourself project that he / she can use at home. This process
will be guided through text, photos and video. After 1 weeks, the participant will return his assignment to KOOYMAN BV Zeelandia and check the submission for relevance, elaboration, creativity and accuracy, after which the project will be shown on the campaign website. You can send in a project from 17 May 9:00 am to 23 May 2021, 6:00 pm. From May 26, 9:00 am
to June 5, 2021, 6:00 pm, you can vote online for the submitted projects by family, friends, acquaintances, etc. Voting is done at island level and per island vote will be cast by a jury within each selected store. Per island, the 2 participants with the most votes advance to round 3.
C. Round 3: In round 3, 2 participants per island are either visited at home to show their handyman skills or are asked
to come to the store for a 2nd assignment in the lumber yard (Corona dependent). Participants must follow the instructions of the game supervisors when taking the assignment. Participants can qualify by completing the test as quickly, creatively and correctly as possible. 1 participant per location can qualify for round 4; the finale. Round 3 will take place from June 18 to June 19, 2021 (if at home) or on June 19, 2021 (if in store). On June 19, an independent jury will announce which of the 2 participants is the local winner and therefore also proceeds to the Caribbean finals. From June 20, the 5 finalists will be online and can be voted online until June 29, 2021, 6:00 PM for the finalists by family, friends, acquaintances, etc. On July 1, 2021, the overall winner of the “Caribbean Handyman 2021” will be announced and on July 3, 2021, an award ceremony for the Caribbean Handyman will take place in the relevant store.
4. Only 1 attempt may be made per participant during this competition to become the Caribbean Handyman Challenge 2021.
4.1 Prize winners are determined by a jury and public votes. The mentioned cash prizes are paid out in KooymanBV gift vouchers. The overall Caribbean winner will win a gift voucher worth USD 3000. The local winner per island (5 in total) will win a gift voucher worth USD 1000.
4.2 The prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. A prize is indivisible and can only be accepted as awarded by KooymanBV.
4.3 The prize winners will be personally informed via the e-mail address they have made available. The results of the Challenge cannot be disputed.
4.4 Prizes will be provided to the prize winner by email. The prize winner can exchange the printed e-mail at a KooymanBV store of his choice for 1 KooymanBV credit worth respectively USD 3000 and USD 1000.
4.5 By participating, the prize winner agrees that he/
she is willing to participate in promotional activities at KooymanBV’s request, including cooperation in the awarding of the prize in a KooymanBV branch. The prize winner cannot assert any rights to the prize if he/she refuses to cooperate with the aforementioned.
4.6 Prizes that are not paid for any reason remain the property of KooymanBV. In the event of refusal of the price, it shall also be due to KooymanBV.
5. Winners will be notified either verbally or in writing by e-mail. The prize cannot be paid out in cash, it must be received by the winner in person and cannot be transferred to a third party. The judge’s and voting decision are final. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant that we suspect of vote rigging or vote buying. No correspondence can be entered into about the results of the rounds referred to in article 3.
6. By participating in the preliminary rounds of Caribbean Handyman Challenge you agree that your data and projects created can be used for promotional purposes. You can withdraw this consent at any time by making this known to
marketing@KooymanBV.com, participation in the competition is hereby immediately excluded.
7. Until 1 year after the announcement of the Caribbean Handyman Challenge 2021 on April 26, the finalists will, at the request of KOOYMAN BV, cooperate in promotional activities related to the relevant competition and the prize-giving ceremony. This includes publicity in words and images via all media, such as out of home, social media, radio and internet.
8. KOOYMAN BV reserves the right to end the competition early. Changing locations and / or decreases of final assignments can be changed. Early termination will be announced publicly.
9. By participating in this competition, the persons concerned agree to these terms and conditions of the ‘Caribbean Handyman Challenge’ competition.
10. KOOYMAN BV is not liable for misuse of the photo material by third parties (on social media) and can therefore not be held liable for this. Participation is at your own risk.
11. The AVG applies to these general terms and conditions. For more information, we refer you to www.kooymanbv.com: Privacy statement KOOYMAN BV.
12. The general conditions for participation in this competition are shown on www.CaribbeanHandymanChallenge.com and can be requested via the KOOYMAN BV head office, via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
13. If the general conditions do not provide for certain situations, KOOYMAN BV will decide. The participant must adhere to that decision.
14. Facebook is not commercially or legally involved in these competitions, even if a competition is advertised and shared on our Facebook page and if certain activities in connection with the main prize take place on Facebook. The organizer
of competitions is exclusively Kooymanbv in each case. Any questions relating to the competition should be addressed to Kooymanbv entering one of our competitions and therefore accepting the terms and conditions of participation, entrants exempt Facebook from any liability and responsibility in connection with the competition.
15. Local rights apply to these terms and conditions.